Covid-19 Safety Plan
APPLEDORE BOOK FESTIVAL - SAFETY AND COVID-19
Appledore Book Festival will be held in a marquee at Skern Lodge Appledore for the first four days, followed by six days in Appledore village locations.
During the ten days our number one priority is the safety and wellbeing of our audiences, volunteers and Festival team. Our risk assessments are in place and we have received the ‘We’re Good to Go’ Industry Standard Mark. As you would expect, we will continue to follow government guidelines throughout the Festival period.
These are the measures we are taking to help keep everyone as safe as possible:-
- we have acquired the Industry Standard Mark – meaning we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines
- we have completed a risk assessment
- we will turn away people with COVID-19 symptoms
- safety instructions, signposting and markings will be in place
- we will ensure there is adequate ventilation at all the venues (you might want to bring something warm to wear in case it’s chilly)
- we have reduced our seating capacity
- we will clean the venues often and, if you prefer, you can wipe down your own seat with the wipes provided
- hand sanitiser will be readily available
- we have a Track & Trace QR code if you want to check in.
If there are any changes to an event you have booked we will contact you via the details you have provided.
What we ask from our audience:
- do not attend if you, or any of your party, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have had a positive COVID-19 test. (you may wish to consider taking a lateral flow test before you attend your event).
- that you follow any signage and instructions given
- that you have your printed ticket ready to show the steward upon arrival or have the ticket ready to show on your mobile phone screen
- that you wear your face covering while inside the marquee or village venues
- in the event of an emergency, you follow stewards’ instructions
- if you have a positive test within days of attending the festival, please notify us immediately.