Become a Friend of Appledore Book Festival today
|Friends from 2016
Renew your membership
Start your membership
Your membership benefits include
- You will receive a 10 day priority booking period for all events.
- You can book two tickets per event, per person during the priority period and as many as you like when the tickets go on sale to the general public.*
- You will get access to exclusive Friends events.
- You’ll receive a 10% discount on all purchases at Waterstones Festival bookshop.
- You’ll receive exclusive event promotions.
How your support helps the Festival
Appledore Book Festival is a charity founded in 2006 in a bid to raise money to save Appledore Library from closure. 10 years on our library is still at the heart of our village and our festival has continued to become one of the UK’s most regarded independent Book Festivals. Our aim is a simple one: to increase the enjoyment of reading and encourage creative writing through providing access to inspirational events.
It takes a full 12 months of work by our team to deliver our festival & schools programmes and last year we staged over 60 Book Festival events in Appledore and delivered over 30 author visits to schools and libraries in North Devon during a 15 day period. Our Schools Programme is now the largest outreach programme of its kind in the UK. Last year 5k people visited an event in Appledore and we provided 4k children with free access to an inspirational author experience.
Our festival makes a difference that is only possible with your support. Sign up today and become a Friend of the Festival and help us to continue delivering this fantastic event that benefits our community. Thank you.